Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween Campout

Who camps out for Halloween??

Tons of people. And this year, I was one of them.


Every October, people from far and wide travel to Loyd Park at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie (That's in Texas for my 1 follower from out of state). Every camp site decorates their area however they want, and then at sundown, hayrides ride all throughout the park. Prizes are given for the most creative, and the spookiest camp site.

Even though we didnt win in either category, our site was DEFINITELY, without a shadow of a doubt, the spookiest, creepiest, scariest one.

Let me start at the beginning of the weekend...

Friday night we got to the site, set up our tent (in the dark), and then chilled around the fire.

Yep. That's how we chill around a fire.

Saturday, we involuntarily woke up around 7:30, had breakfast and started to put our "Hillbilly Hell" scene together.
For those of you that don't know Laura Craig, you might not understand this too well, but i will do my best to make you comprehend the seriousness of this weekend.
Laura is a natural winner. Everything she does, she wants to win, and when she gets it in her head that somebody might beat her at something, she will try her hardest make sure that that will not happen.
We have been discussing this camp out for about 4 months. Yes, 2 days of chaos takes that much planning. We put up a hillbilly shack, a chop shop, clothesline with dirty panties, the drip shed, and an awesome cemetary. Everyone that was with us was dressed in flannel, overalls, coveralls, expensive masks and crazy make up.
Did I tell you that there was monsoon out there?
It rained for a good 2-3 hours on us, and we were worried that
1. People wouldnt show up
2. Our decorations would fall down
3. The rain wouldnt stop.
But the Indians stopped dancing and cleared up the weather just enough for us to have some fun.
As soon as I was fully dressed, I walked in the street and stood still. Four teenage girls were walking past our site, probably to theirs, and it was only right for me to go ahead and get the first scare of the night. Two of the girls saw me staring at them and EEEE-MEEE-DIATELY sped up. So I walked after them. Then they ran.
So I ran.
Needless to say, they out ran me.
As people started to roll through, everyone got in place. We had Jeremy in the Chop Shop with the machete (A real one), Bird (Leatheface) roaming around everywhere, I was the notorious "Pig Man, and we had tons of other people all around. (Scarecrows, Dead little girls, The Strangers people, Chucky, and a crazy old lady that kept asking people if they wanted to eat some squirrel)
No one was safe. We scared the young, the old, male and female. And judging by the comments that many of the patrons were yelling as they rode off, WE WERE THE BEST.
Even though we didnt win, I still had an awsome time. My body hurts and my throat is shot, but I wouldnt have it any other way. Special thanks to all of the families that helped out, and welcomed us into their Halloween tradition.

I will put up more pics here in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment