Here are a few rules you should think about when in the elevator.
1. If you're in a rush, don't make eye contact with anybody walking towards the elevator. Jump in, hit your floor, and then hit the "Close door" button repeatedly.
2. Crop dusting is highly frowned upon.
3. If elevator is packed, do not talk on your cell phone (especially about personal stuff. Ex: pap smears, bachelor party results, rashes)
4. Make sure you pay attention to what floor the elevator stops on. You can end up looking pretty stupid trying to get off on the 7th floor, when you're on your way to the 5th.
5. Make sure you press your button when you get on to the elevator.